Friday, April 27, 2012

With Grateful Hearts

Greetings All -

Normally I launch my emails to you all with some story of my family’s travails or some anecdote mustered from my personal experiences. Today I do neither. I simply write to thank you all for your prayers and well-wishes over the last week as my family and I said goodbye to my father Paul, who, if you haven’t heard yet, died last week at the age of 66 from complications brought on by 8 years of battling cancer. I spent the past week with my mom and my sisters going through photos and the stories connected to them, laughing our way through an imperfect but loving man’s life. I joined them at his memorial Tuesday as hundreds of people came to pay their respects, most of them impacted by my mom or dad in some way over 26 years of ministry in the church and para-church organizations in central Illinois. As sweet as a time like that could be, it was.

So, in closing, to all of our Lifer family here who have prayed and sent cards and emails and texts, we love you, praise God for you, and thank you from the depths of our grieving but grateful hearts.

See you Sunday – I look forward to teaching you about the greatness of our God from one of my dad’s favorite passages. Plus, we have some very special guests joining us as Mike and Janelle Doud will be in all 4 of our services all the way from Village of Hope in Uganda. Peace.
--

Free,

Mark Saunders

Lead Pastor
Bay Life Church

No comments:

Post a Comment